Many dog breeders ask the same question, “Where do I sell my puppies?”. Before the advent of the internet, local newspapers were the main and often only source of potential puppy buyers for dog breeders. Many breeders do travel to dog shows and for the puppy buyer that makes the commitment to finding and visiting many dog breeders, a dog show or dog-sporting event provides the most efficient way to meet numerous breeders in a very short amount of time. However, unfortunately, many people do not have the time to travel or live in areas where dog shows are not prevalent.
Fast forward a few years and the internet has become the puppy and litter advertising channel of choice for breeders across the US. There are many benefits to internet advertising – the first being you are not limited to your local market! Online advertising allows a dog breeder located in California to make a perfect puppy match with a buyer in Tennessee or Maryland.
So as a reputable dog breeder, how do you gain access to this market and get your puppies placed in the best homes?
Before I continue, let me just say, that the internet is HUGE and there are several options available to dog breeders when marketing their puppies for sale, and honestly, not all of them result in a listing at Breeders Domain.
So with that out of the way, let’s explore your options:
- Dog Breeder Website – The very first thing that most breeders do when attempting to sell their puppies is set up a website. I truly recommend this to everyone. BUT, be realistic, it takes time and money to set up a dog breeder website that is effective. It is a great way to highlight your dogs, but the site is worthless if puppy buyers cannot find it. How are you going to market your website?
- Local Breed club website – If you are actively involved in your breed, this is a great way to connect with local buyers. Many breed clubs offer free or discounted litter ads and links to your breeder website.
- Dog Breeder Directory – Finding a quality online dog breeder directory, just like Breeders Domain is paramount in placing your puppies in the best homes quickly. Directories offer affordable targeted traffic and puppy buyers. Breeders Domain offers a full year of advertising for just $29.99. In comparison to a breeder listing in a dog magazine which can be between $100 – $500/ month.
- Puppy Classified site – another helpful tool or option in selling puppies online is listing individual puppies for sale on a reputable puppy classified service. Breeders Domain also collaborates with PuppyAdvertising.com to offer this marketing tool.
So, why should you select a puppy classified or dog breeder directory?
Primarily, you get an instant stream of potential puppy buyers. Once you add your listing to either BreedersDomain.com or PuppyAdvertising.com, your puppies are being shown to 1000s of people searching for a new puppy everyday!!
Why should I choose BreedersDomain.com or PuppyAdvertising.com?
- It’s simple – our services are affordable and effective.
There is never a monthly charge for our featured products. You pay once a year on Breeders Domain or you pay by the ad on PuppyAdvertising.com. Buyers are never charged a fee to contact dog owners on either dog advertising website.
- Breeder Advertising Slots are limited.
Unlike other websites we limit the number of dog breeders that can be shown under each dog breed. That means that you are not competing with 50 other dog breeders for puppy homes.
Our company was built on a love of dogs and we are proud to offer services to connect quality dog breeders with loving, lifetime homes. So please, the next time you’re in need of a place to sell your puppies online, join the Breeders Domain and PuppyAdvertsing.com family.
Founder – BreedersDomain.com